Forest School for 2-5 year olds
The concept of Forest School originates from Scandinavia and involves learning in an outdoor environment with a play-based approach. The benefits of Forest School are many, for instance:
- At Forest School children are physically active for much of the time which is great for their overall physical and mental health.
- Children have space to take part in a “wild” yet entirely safe environment.
- The outdoors offers an engaging setting for children to learn how to solve problems, be creative and imaginative.
- There are always new things to see and hear which means new words and new knowledge.
- Forest School gives children the opportunity to have fun, play, get muddy together and simply be children and all without a screen!
Places are available for children aged 2-8 years and cost £28 for a half day and £56 for a full day for 2 year olds and £24 for a half day and £48 for a full day for 3-8 year olds. There’s a discount for children who are booked in for 3 or more days in a week.
A half day at the holiday club runs from 8.30 – 12.30 and includes lunch, or 12.30-4.30, including tea. A full day is 8.30-4.30 including lunch and tea.
Forest schools are increasingly common around the UK because they offer a unique opportunity for children to learn differently – in a setting where they can feel comfortable and happy. We encourage investigation and adventure in a safe outdoor environment, and our children love it.
There’s really nothing quite like spending time outside. Not only is it wonderful for children to get plenty of fresh air and exercise – there’s a lot they can learn about themselves and the world around them. At forest school we regularly see children becoming more confident, more talkative and more able to persevere.
Our forest school is part of the fantastic outdoor space at our Hazel Avenue site and it’s the perfect place for children to explore through nature-based learning.
All of our nursery children will attend forest school sessions during their time with us. We also offer additional fee-paying forest school sessions in the holiday periods.
For more information please call us on 01483 566589 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, please see below our online Forest School Enquiry form. Either fill out and submit this online or send a copy of the form to:
Guildford Nursery School and Children’s Centre
There are 3 booking options:
- Full day session (8.30am – 4.30pm)
- Morning session (8.30am – 12.30pm)
- Afternoon session (12.30pm – 4.30pm)
A full day session will include a morning and afternoon snack, a cooked lunch and a cooked tea. A morning session will include a snack and cooked lunch. An afternoon session will include a snack and a cooked tea.
A reminder that Guildford Nursery School children who meet pupil premium criteria are eligible to receive one full-day holiday club session per year free of charge.
Prices as follows:
2 year olds:
All day: £56.00
3 – 8 year olds:
All day: £48.00
10% discount will be applied (excluding meal cost) when 3 or more full day sessions are booked within any one week.
10% discount (excluding meal cost) is offered for siblings of current nursery children and ex-pupils of Guildford Nursery School.