Would you like to work somewhere dedicated to Early Years education and care? Somewhere committed to your professional development? A place of learning and development for all with great opportunities?
If your answer is yes then we are the right place for you. Guildford Nursery School and Children’s Centre is looking for an Early Years Assistant to start working with us as soon as possible.
Our large Maintained Nursery School is based on two sites, both with wonderful outdoor learning and play spaces. This post is for the York Road site, at least for the first year. We have been rated Good by Ofsted (November 2016) and we would welcome an enthusiastic assistant who will work with us towards an Outstanding rating.
The hours are 11.45am – 5.45pm each day term time only. We are looking for someone who is:
• Positive, flexible, responsible and with an interest in young children and how they learn
• Keen to make a real impact within and beyond their own team
• A team player with excellent interpersonal skills
• Able to work in partnership with parents and carers to provide high quality education and care in our nursery school
• Able to support the provision of a rich, inclusive, safe yet challenging environment and curriculum to meet each of our children’s unique interests and needs.
We can offer:
• The opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge
• The opportunity to attend education courses including Forest School
• The opportunity to take part in the Froebel course delivered by Early Education at our school
• A positive, friendly and supportive team of staff and governors
• Great resources and facilities including a large, beautiful garden
• Excellent professional development opportunities in our improving, growing nursery
• The chance to work with children who are fantastic to be with.
Visits to the nursery school are welcomed for all serious candidates. To make an appointment please call the headteacher, Sally Cave on 01483 566589.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check and references.
Salary range: £16,334 – £17,866. Starting salary: £16,334 pa, pro rata
Closing date: Midday Wednesday 19 September 2018
Shortlisting will take place on Thursday 20th September 2018
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 25th September 2018