Target audience: EYFS and Key Stage 1 Practitioners
Trainers: Anna Allen and Carina Edwards
Carina is a highly experienced, qualified teacher and has worked with a range of year groups in EYFS and Key Stage 1. Anna is a qualified Early Years Educator with extensive experience and interest in child development through sensory experiences. Together, they have expanded the use of clay as part of the rich continuous provision to support children’s all-round learning in EYFS.
Brief course content
- Discussion about what clay offers young children as a source of development, self-expression, imagination and skill learning.
- Opportunities to use clay and explore simple techniques and ways to create meaningful designs.
- A chance to tour Guildford Nursery School and understand how clay can be incorporated successfully into the continuous provision of a busy learning environment.
- Understand the impact and benefit of using clay for children’s all-round development and how this links specifically to many areas of learning, including Physical Development, Communication and Language and PSE.
- Gain confidence in setting up a clay workshop/station in your own learning environment and learn skills and techniques fundamental to working with clay.
Refreshments and free onsite parking available .
For any queries please contact us on 01483 566589 or email PA@guildfordnscc.surrey.sch.uk.