Target audience: EYFS and Key Stage 1 Practitioners
Trainers: Wendy Howes and Karen Rapley
Wendy is a highly experienced EYFS teacher at Guildford Nursery School. Wendy has been developing sewing and weaving with young children over the last 3 years and has created some exciting and unique learning opportunities for children using this medium in the continuous provision. Karen is a highly experienced and skilled early years educator with a keen interest in sewing.
Brief course content:
• Explore different ways of introducing sewing, weaving and threading and some of the simple skills involved when working with young children.
• Understand how sewing, weaving and threading can play a key role in children’s learning, particularly physical development, communication & language and mathematical development.
• There will be a Q&A where you will be able to present your questions.
• Learn several skills and techniques about simple, creative sewing in EYFS.
• Feel confident to set up a workshop/sewing station in your own learning environment.
• Understand how to risk assess when beginning sewing, weaving and threading with your children.
For any queries please contact us on 01483 566589 or email PA@guildfordnscc.surrey.sch.uk.