We know that your life doesn’t stop when the school holidays start, so we offer holiday clubs with forest school, giving you the chance to get on with working or caring. We give your child a safe environment where they can spend time with their friends, have fun inside and out and come home tired and happy.
Our holiday club is based around the concept of Forest School which originates from Scandinavia. This involves learning in an outdoor environment with a play-based approach. The benefits of Forest School are many, for instance:
• At Forest School children are physically active for much of the time which is great for their overall physical and mental health.
• Children have space to take part in a “wild” yet entirely safe environment.
• The outdoors offers an engaging setting for children to learn how to solve problems, be creative and imaginative.
• There are always new things to see and hear which means new words and new knowledge.
• Forest School gives children the opportunity to have fun, play, get muddy together and simply be children and all without a screen!
• Our forest school is part of the fantastic outdoor space at our Hazel Avenue site and it’s the perfect place for children to explore through nature-based learning.
You can book places in advance. Our sessions run at Hazel Avenue during half-term holidays, at Easter and, for four weeks during the Summer break. A variety of sessions are on offer between 8.30am – 4.30pm Monday to Friday.
Guildford Nursery School children who meet pupil premium criteria are eligible to receive one half-day holiday club session per year free of charge. (Please contact us if you are eligible).
Sessions and prices are as follows:
Morning 8.30am – 12.30pm (including a snack and cooked lunch)
Afternoon 12.30pm – 4.30pm (including a snack and tea)
Full Day 8.30am – 4.30pm (including morning and afternoon snacks, cooked lunch and tea)
|Morning or afternoon session||Full day session|
|2 year olds||£30.00||£58.00|
|3 - 8 year olds||£26.00||£50.00|
A 10% discount will be applied (excluding meal cost) when 3 or more full day sessions are booked within any one week.
A 10% discount (excluding meal cost) is offered for siblings of current nursery children and ex-pupils of Guildford Nursery School.
Please note: Fees must be paid in full, in advance. A £2 admin fee will be charged for any ‘ad hoc’ bookings and/or changes, during the session dates. Cancellation fees will apply as per our Terms and Conditions which are available on our website www.guildfordnscc.surrey.sch.uk or ask at reception for a hard copy.
To book an individual session or multiple sessions, please complete the form below and tick selected dates and sessions required and return this form to our Reception. Alternatively you can fill out the application form on our website or call us on 01483566589 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org