Apprentice Early Years Educator (EYE)
Live date: 29/01/2019
Close Date: 25/02/2019
Location: Guildford, Surrey
Pay Grade: £11,117.60 pa pro rata
Hours: 36 hours per week, 39 weeks per year
Contract Type: fixed term, ends July 2021
Would you like to work somewhere dedicated to Early Years education and care? Somewhere committed to your professional development? Would you like to further your career?
If your answer is yes then we are the right place for you. Guildford Nursery School and Children’s Centre is looking for an Apprentice Early Years Educator to start working with us from 23rd April 2019. The college part of your training will start in September 2019 and this is expected to last for two years. At the end of which you will be a qualified EY Educator able to apply for EYE posts.
You will receive a comprehensive package of support and training that will include:
• Weekly staff meetings (Mondays 4.15-5.15pm)
• Weekly team meetings (Thursdays 4-5pm)
• A mentor from the nursery team who will provide regular support, advice and guidance
• A level 3 Early Years Educator course; as provider to be determined by Guildford Nursery School and Children’s Centre
• Five staff training (inset) days each year
• Opportunities to attend courses as decided by you and your mentor
• Time out of the room for nursery paperwork and course work
• Regular feedback that will support your ongoing learning and development
• A positive, friendly and supportive team of staff and governors
• Great resources and facilities including a large, beautiful garden
We are looking for someone who is:
• Positive, enthusiastic, responsible and flexible
• Fascinated in young children and how they learn
• Able to commit to Guildford Nursery School until at least July 2021
• Keen to make a real impact
• A team player with excellent interpersonal skills
• Passionate about their own development and learning
You will need to have the skills and qualifications necessary for a level 3 course. These are:
• English and Maths GCSE (or equivalent) minimum C grade
The post is for 36 hours a week term time only.
Please look at our website: www.guildfordnscc.surrey.sch.uk
Visits to the nursery school are welcomed for all serious candidates. To make an appointment please call the headteacher, Sally Cave on 01483 566589.
For an application pack please contact Jeanette Mosdell-Inveen on 01483 566589 or email: Jeanette@guildfordnscc.surrey.sch.uk
CV’s will not be accepted.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check and references.
An enhanced DBS ‘Disclosure and Barring Service’ check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) and the Children’s and Adults’ Barred List checks will be required for this role.