Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENCo)
(Future senior leadership opportunities for the right candidate)
Would you like to work somewhere dedicated to Early Years education and inclusion? Somewhere committed to your professional development? A place of learning and development for all with great opportunities?
If your answer is yes then we are the right place for you. Guildford Nursery School and Children’s Centre is looking for a qualified teacher (QTS) to be our SENCo as soon as possible or by April 2019 at the latest.
Our large Maintained Nursery School is based on two sites, both with wonderful outdoor learning and play spaces. We have been rated Good by Ofsted (November 2016) and we would welcome an enthusiastic SENCo who will work with us towards an Outstanding rating.
The post of SENCo is 0.6 minimum but we can be flexible as to the maximum number of days per week for the right person. If you have ambitions to be part of a senior leadership team, and you fit our criteria and culture, there may be future opportunities available for you.
We are looking for someone who is:
• Positive, flexible, responsible and with a passion for Early Years Education and inclusion
• Keen to make a real impact
• A team player with excellent interpersonal skills
• Able to work in partnership with parents and carers to provide high quality education and care in our nursery school for children with SEND
• Able to provide a rich, inclusive, safe yet challenging environment and curriculum to meet each of our children’s unique interests and needs.
We can offer:
• The opportunity to develop your leadership skills
• The opportunity to attend education courses including Forest School
• The opportunity to take part in the Froebel course delivered by Early Education at our school
• A positive, friendly and supportive team of staff and governors
• Great resources and facilities including a large, beautiful garden
• Excellent professional development opportunities in our improving, growing nursery
• The chance to work with children who are fantastic to be with.
Visits to the nursery school are welcomed for all serious candidates. To make an appointment please call the headteacher, Sally Cave on 01483 566589.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check and references.
Closing date: 5pm Wednesday 24th October 2018
Shortlisting will take place on Thursday 25th October
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 30th October